Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castff
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

New to the forums.

I join this to find out if there were any updates or patches for this particular virusscan. As of right now i have mcafee enterprise 8.7.0i.

Scan engine version (32bit) 5400.1158

DAT version: 6118.0000

I've been out of the loop and I was wondering if you guys can direct me to a link if there are any patches for this version. Thanks

6 Replies
castff
Level 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: New to the forums.

Also when i try to do an update I get this answer: "packages were not in the repository VSCANCEU1000, EXTRADAT1000

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 3 of 7

You should be running patch 3 for vse 8.7 (patch 4 is Release To Web this/next month)

Those messages are showing that cetain optional items which are included as default downloads are not there so are not being updated, nothing to worry about.

eu1000 is not in use yet by McAfee and unless you have setup an extra.dat to update then you would not see it

castff
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for answer my questions. This may sound little newbish but exactly where do i get patch number 3? I've been to mcafee website and I didnt' exactly see patch 3? Is there a link you guys and give me?

Thanks again.

Hi with regards to your second query this is just an autoupdate process displays messages to record exactly what is occuring during the update session according to its configuration.

For more information check on the link below.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB55713&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

john

McAfee Employee wwarren
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository VSCANCEU1000, EXTRADAT1000

Some day (a future Agent release) our Agent team will be updating this text to say something less misleading, so folks are not lead to believe there's a problem.

That'll be a good day.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Actually patch 4 is already available, you can download it on https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp with your grant number. Below are the details.

1.Go to the following website: https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp
2.Log on using a valid grant number.
3.Click View Available Downloads.
4.Click VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i
5.Click I Agree to accept the license agreement.
6.Click Patches.
7.Save to your Local

John

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community