cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kshkkarmakar
Level 7

Network Performance issue with McAfee VSE 8.8 patch 8.

Hi All,

I have done some test with McAfee VSE 8.8 patch 8 V/S VSE Patch 4.

I am facing some network performance issue with VSE patch 8 while transferring Data over the network.

Test Performed under below circumstance -

• OS installed Windows 2012

Test 1 - Server A (VSE 8.8 P8) / Server B (No Antivirus)

Sent data from Server A to Server B. Server A running with VSE 8.8 Patch 8 and Server B (no antivirus) while data transmission rate was 450 Mb/s.

Test 2 - Server A (VSE 8.8 P4) / Server B (No Antivirus)

Sent data from Server A to Server B. Server A running with VSE 8.8 Patch 4 and Server B (no antivirus) while data transmission rate was much better in compare with VSE 8.8 P8 it was 900 Mb/s.

Test 3 - Server A (VSE 8.8 P8) / Server B (No Antivirus)

Sent data from Server A to Server B. Now Server A running with VSE 8.8 Patch 8 but I disabled Access Protection and On-Access Scan and Server B (no antivirus) while data transmission rate was 960 Mb/s.

Kindly assist to resolve this network performance issue with VSE patch 8.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Network Performance issue with McAfee VSE 8.8 patch 8.

On your policy, is it set to scan network drives? Besides, how are you performing the copy operation? Are you dragging and dropping files or mapping a drive first and then copying to the the network drive? Also, please repeat Test 3, with AP enabled, OAS disabled. We can then narrow it down to OAS policy settings. Is Scan Files setting enabled for "On Network Drives"? It should be under OAS properties dialog under "scan items" tab.

0 Kudos
PhilR
Level 12

Also try Virusscan 8.8 patch 9 and report back.

There's little point in wasting time trying to debug anything earlier than the latest update, though it would be interesting to see with which patch the performance degradation started.

Cheers,

Phil

0 Kudos
kshkkarmakar
Level 7

Thanks for you time. I have raised SR with McAfee to look in this.

0 Kudos