cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmbdtx
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Need to verify description of VirusScan Enterprise download files.

Can someone tell me if my definition of the use for the following McAfee downoad files is correct?

VSE870LML.zip - VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i - Use this file for a new install of v8.7i or to upgrade a previous version. This will not include patches 3 or 4.

VSE870LMLRP3.zip - VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Repost Patch 3 - Use this file for a new install of v8.7i or to apply patch 3 to an existing version of v8.7i
VSE870LMLRP4.Zip - VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Repost Patch 4 - Use this file for a new install of v8.7i or to apply patch 4 to an existing version of v8.7i This will include patch 3.

VSE870P3.zip - VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Patch 3 - Use this file to install Patch 3 to an existing v8.7i installation.
VSE87iP4.Zip - VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Patch 4 - Use this file to install Patch 4 to an existing v8.7i installation. This will include patch 3.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is what the meaning of 'Repost' is and how can I tell which files are to be used to just install the patch to an existing v8.7i and which files are used to install/upgrade v8.7i

Thank you,

Howard

4 Replies

Re: Need to verify description of VirusScan Enterprise download files.

Hi Hmbdtx, you are correct on the description.

mjmurra
Level 12
Message 3 of 5

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the VSE870LMLRPxx files can be used to apply the latest patch to a VSE installation. Instead, it will show the "Add/remove/repair" type dialog.

Apart from that, agree with the various descriptions.

Hi Mjmurra, VSE870LMLRPxx files use to new install with the latest patch without install patch seperate. So it can not used to upgrade VSE current. And Hmdbtx say " VSE870LMLRP4.Zip - VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Repost Patch 4 - Use this file for a new install of v8.7i <- it's right or to apply patch 4 to an existing version of v8.7i This will include patch 3 <-- right if you remove old one and new install with new one that included with patch 4 ".

Message was edited by: smalldog on 12/27/10 8:04:10 PM CST
hmbdtx
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your responses to my question.

It appears that the following is correct:

VSE870LMLRP4.Zip can be used to either upgrade an existing install of v8.5i to v8.7isp4 or to make a new install of v8.7isp4 on a PC that does not have VirusScan Enterprise installed.

VSE87iP4.Zip will upgrade an exising version of v8.71 with no services patches installed or service patch 3 installed to sp4.

"Repost" means the package contains the patch is included along with the original setup.

Howard