cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need enterprise removal tool

Jump to solution

I need a way to get the Enterprise removal tool.  We do not have support contract with McaFee so I can't even contact them for this.  

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan-Enterprise-VSE/Windows-10-1703-forced-to-uninstall-McAfee-...

Please see that thread.  The opening question is exactly my issue and it is ridiculous.  I can't remove the software no matter what I try.  Even manual removal fails as registry keys are locked down.  You can't shut off the anti tamper service because you can't even get into the software as it won't run on Windows 10.  

Could someone please provide a link where I can get ahold of the ENTERPRISE removal tool for Mcafee?  I have already tried the MCPR consumer version and it literally tells you that it has detected enterprise software and will not remove it.  

We have a lot of pcs with this and need to get it removed and this is crazy that we can't.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: Need enterprise removal tool

Jump to solution

You will have to contact support for the updated tool, or you can get it from the patches downloads after logging into the portal with a valid user associated with an active grant.

The tool is now referred to as the Endpoint Product Removal tool (EPR) as a sub-feature of the Endpoint Upgrade Assistant. The legacy, unsupported mferemoval1000 is no more.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution
Before you attempt to uninstall, turn off self protection rule from the access protection from the policy wait for the policy to be received by the McAfee agent.
Then try uninstalling the product.
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Greetings,

The “enterprise removal tool” mentioned is a bit of an enigma. It was written by support as a method of scripting the manual removal of VSE and grew a bit from there. As of today, it is still unsupported and only provided as a last resort. Due to the nature of the tool, in that it is not official tested or QA’d it is supplied with “As Is" conditions that are stressed when it is provided.
This means there is no public distribution of this tool.

When used it is only used as a last resort, and that determination is only made by support.
(McAfee customer need to contact support)

The conundrum here being that there are cases where there is no access to support for various reasons. When contacting support, we find the tool is often not needed.

Most often McAfee Products can be removed via Programs > Programs and Features, when using the appropriate Administrator Account.

Solution:
 These steps can be used to properly remove McAfee product: As an Administrator follow Microsoft Guidance for uninstalling Programs:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-repair-or-remove-programs-in-windows-10
 Select and choose to uninstall any Listed McAfee product(s). Reboot and Confirm the McAfee software is no longer listed. If no McAfee product(s) are listed this should conclude the removal of McAfee products.

Secondary solution:
  If the objective is to apply Windows updates, there is an alternative to removal.
This is detailed in the following Microsoft article:
 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4072699/windows-security-updates-and-antivirus-software

Hope this helps.

Rajeshkk
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

My enterprise removal tool expired .

jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

You will have to contact support for the updated tool, or you can get it from the patches downloads after logging into the portal with a valid user associated with an active grant.

The tool is now referred to as the Endpoint Product Removal tool (EPR) as a sub-feature of the Endpoint Upgrade Assistant. The legacy, unsupported mferemoval1000 is no more.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community