cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Locating Infected File.

Hello Everyone,

I need help identifying the infected/detection since I am not able to located it. I have tried checking the onDemandScanlog/EPO Console, but could not find the name of the infected file. I have also tried checking for the quarantine folder to see if it was there, but our server does not appear to have it. In addition, I have enable "view hidden files" on the server.

Type:Error
Source:McLogEvent
Event ID:259
Event Time:10/14/2014 2:54:14 AM
User:NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:

Description:

The scan found detections. Scan engine version 5700.7163 DAT version 7590.

4 Replies

Re: Need Help Locating Infected File.

Your looking in the right place, it should be in the OnDemandScanLog.txt but I would also check the OnAccessScanLog.txt & AccessProtectionLog.txt to be on the safe side. Otherwise just thought I would give you the below info to further research.

You can also go here to reference MS event ID's to correlate to VSE: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52417&pmv=print

Looks like yours is below:

Hello Fitch,

I checked the other logs as well but could not find anything. As a matter of fact the other logs were not event updated as you can see from the screen shot.

Is there any way that I can see user OnDemandScanLog.txt file through ePO or any other method because I always seen Event Description as " Scan found infected files." in ePO threat events but there is no information about which files are infected.

You can see it from machine threat events (By default it will shows last 1 day), Also you can check ePO event filter tab where required event may be de-select.