Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruank
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

My mailing worm exclusions not working

Good day.

One of my clients and I've been having an issue with the mass mailing worm exclusions.

We installed a monitoring tool that send a mail when a program failed to execute its task on the computer. This tool uses a normal SMTP connection that is only established and active for the 30 seconds it takes to send the mail.

We noticed these notifications have been blocked by all computers that have Mcfee on. I added the tool as an exception to the mass mailing worms exclusions. This is a tempry fix and the tool stays in the exclusions for two or 3 mails, then Mcfee goes into a protective mode and removes the exclusion. I have excluded the monitoring tool from all scans but the exclusion still gets cleared.

Is there a feature that I am missing that removes any changes made by the user? If so how can i disable this?

9 Replies

Re: My mailing worm exclusions not working

Which Mcafee product is causing the issue?

ruank
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

Virus Scan enterprise + Anti Spyware Enterprise 8.8

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 10

Moved to VSE

---

Peter

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, I just noticed the OP stated VSE.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Hi,

Configure VSE polices>>Access Protection>>Antivirus standard protection..

Thanks

ruank
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

I cant find anything in that page regarding mailing programs or it disabling changes to be made to mcfee.

The error message i get in the log is:

Blocked by port blocking rule          C:\Program Files\Synology Data Replicator 3         Anti-virus Standard ProtectionSmiley Tonguerevent mass mailing worms from sending mail

koseelen
Level 10
Message 8 of 10

Hello Ruank

The access protection rule for mass mailing is detailed below.

accessprot.png

ruank
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

I have added "backup.exe" as an exclusion. this works for about 5-10 minutes then it appears that the exclusion gets removed from there.

georgec
Level 13
Message 10 of 10

If they're using an ePo server to manage their AV estate they need to make the changes on the server, otherwise they'll be overwritten on the client at the next policy enforcement.

When you modify the policy on ePo make sure you do it on the right operating system type. At the top you'll be able to select between Workstation and Server and if you need this kind of exclusion on both types of OSs you'll need to add it twice.

George