Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skongz
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Minimum bandwith requirement for download DAT from EPO

Hi,

If I want to limit the bandwidth, what is the minimum bandwidth that is required so that the client ( at branch ) can download DAT from EPO ( at data center ) smoothly ?

I have branch with bandwith 128kbps and its share with other application ( citrix - 30%, email - 50%, antivirus, etc ). We use NetXplorer to limit bandwith from Allot Communication.

Tks.

8 Replies

Re: Minumum bandwith requirement for download DAT from EPO

Moved to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) > Discussions for better assistance.

Cliff

(Note) In your Profile it mentioned (VSE) if needed to be moved there, please apprise

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
skongz
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Please move it..

Moved to Virus Scan Enterprise > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
skongz
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

Re: Minimum bandwith requirement for download DAT from EPO

Is there anyone can help ?

Hi,

well an incremental DAT has approx. 200-300kb, a full DAT 90MB per client. A distributed repository pulls the full and the needed last incremental DAT every day. Beginning with Agent 5.x you could also use the Peer-To-Peer option (so only one Agent would pull the incremental DAT).

So with 64kbps (50% of your total bandwidth) an incremental DAT would take 40sec. per client. Using a distributed repository (91MB per day) would need approx 3 hours per day for a DAT update.

Regards,

Frank

skongz
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

How if I limit bandwidth usage becomes 10kbps whether the update process is still running? Or there is no limitation for the update could run ?

The process update is using SSL ya ? If i'm not wrong there is limitation on bandwith if we using SSL port, if the download failed three times then the download will not retry again.

Tks.

This all depends on your Agent, Client- or Server-Task (depending on chosen update method) settings.

skongz
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

For default update task, how much is minimum limitation bandwith required ?

Tks.