cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Memory Leakage after upgrading patch 14

In the mid of January 2020 we have updated our servers with patch 14 (8.8.0.2190) after that all the servers which are got updated with that patch is affected with meory leakage. All the servers memory is climbing up day by day and paged pool memory also getting incresed day by day. The memeory utilization is not getting down . The servers which were not updated with pacth doesnt have any issue.

We have observed that our agent version was not the latest and we did and upgrade of agent too but the same issue exist. 

Please help!

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Memory Leakage after upgrading patch 14

Hi @AKumarMP,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

May I know know which process is in question here?

I would strongly recommend an Service Request to be created here.

We do not have any known issues documented yet, source: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70393

Can you confirm that all these machines have been rebooted once after their upgrade to patch 14?

Also do you see any specific rise in consumed memory after scheduled scan tasks?
While creating a Support case, please look into the below KBA that contains specific information required by us for investigating Memory leak issues:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86691

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

We have the same problem after installing patch 14.

- Windows server 2012

- VSE 8.8 patch 14

- Agent 5.6.0.702

After on-demand scan committed memory increases (the more file are scanned, the larger the rise). After scan is finished, committed memory is not returned.

Fileservers with lots of files will get stuck when committed memory is at the max.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi @JacquesD 

Thank you for posting on the community.

Actually this issue has been added to our Known Issues KB under the reference: VSE-16742

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70393

This issue is targeted to be fixed in the next release.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community