Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Mcafee Agent not receiving DAT from EPO

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I have a server windows 2008 R2 with Mcafee Agent 5.0 reporting to EPO 5.9 console.

This is the only server that doesn't get updates.

I can telnet to all the EPO / Agent ports as well. 

From the VSE console, when I click on Auto update task ... after few seconds the task comes back as failed..

On the autoupdate logs, it just show the entry "Starting update......" after that nothing.. 

Troubleshooting the VSE and agent has been re-installed.. but after few days the updates stops working..

As a workaround, I've been manually downloading the DAT and installing on the server, it would be ideal for long run.

Any suggestion help would be appreciated...

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Mcafee Agent not receiving DAT from EPO

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply @Kenchee_etf . Original post was created back in 2017, however, the information you have suggested is still valuable. 

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @bodysoda 

The fact that you may apply updates manually, but not from ePO is suggesting possible MA issue that may be either because of network connectivity or MA/ePO itself.

You reinstalled MA, checked telnet which is good, however, this issue requires little bit more data do be properly troubleshooted.

Is it possible for you to create test task in ePO to update DATs on this machine?

Suggested steps would be:

01. Create, or use existing, task to update only DATs.
02. Assign the task to machine having trouble as "Run immediately".
03. "Collect and send properties" from machine.
04. Monitor in MA Status monitor invocation of task.
05. If task fails check masvc and McScript logs for errors where you may search masvc log for task name to find starting point of the task anc corelate this with McScript logs.

Please note that there is couple different McScript logs there so you may need to check all of them, but most likely the cause of failure will be in McScript_error.log.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know results.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply @Kenchee_etf . Original post was created back in 2017, however, the information you have suggested is still valuable. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

I am so sorry@bodysoda .

For some reason this post was first on my list after I joined and it didn't occur to me to check the date.

This will be noted for future references.

Thank you for your input and feedback.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community