Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 42

Re: McShield service terminated unexpectedly

Release to Support of Patch 4 is supposed to be July 20th.

Add another 4 weeks to a month for general availability.

Re: McShield service terminated unexpectedly

A bit of a late update but rather than starting another thread I'll continue on this one.

Patch 4 has now been released. I added it to my EPO server and deployed it my clients and servers. Most are fine and working correctly. But I've got two laptops that struggle around update time and the server which I detailed in an earlier post is still showing the same problem. Around update time it gets numerous scan time outs and occasionally a full on service termination.

The scan timeouts I can live with but when the service terminates it blocks all network access while it cleans up and restarts. This locks out all clients from network shares and causes all the machines that have their offline files hosted on that server to request a sync.

I've looked through the policies but is there anyway to turn this feature off?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community