cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfeee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and McAfee Total protection compatibility

My laptop once put to sleep (if idle for 15min), is not coming out of sleep. I have McAfeee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and McAfee Total protection installed on my laptop. Just wondering, is the issue due to incompatibily between these two?

2 Replies

Re: McAfeee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and McAfee Total protection compatibility

Best this being in Business as we here know nothing of the corporate product. i would assume having both active would not be good so why are both installed. You can remove Total protection via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

but maybe you also need to remove enterprise in case the TP removal accidently trashes the enterprise install.

on 03/03/13 8:19:21 EST AM

Re: McAfeee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and McAfee Total protection compatibility

Those two certainly should not be installed together.  Never install two antivirus applications (or two software firewalls either).   As Tony suggests, I would uninstall both and start again with one or the other but not both.

Was this Total Protection retail or Total Protection Service (SaaS)?  Not that it really matters, the advice would still be the same..

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/03/13 8:21:42 EST AM
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community