cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee autodeleted 3dmgame.dll in my folder

Okay so while I was installing something, I found out that McAfee deleted the file 3dmgame.dll. That file is very important and it wasn't a virus/threat. I'm freaking pissed because I need that file so much now I couldn't finish my installation process. The worse thing is, I couldn't/unable to get the file back. </3   Please, help me. Can you do something to return that file to me? Pleaaase. Is it still possible for you McAfee staff to return the file to me? Please, thank you.

8 Replies

Re: McAfee autodeleted 3dmgame.dll in my folder

Is this just a false detection issue ie where you were told that Mcafee found a virus or is this a particular product as you have posted in a private area where we mods have no rights. Just wondering  If the former post the product you are using and please read

What To Do When McAfee Detects Legitimate Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & ...

Have you looked in navigation quarantined and trusted items to see if the file is there? This assume consumer product.

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 9

This is a specialized section, the correct area for this in future would be here: 

Unfortunately we can't move it there.  This is just for your information.

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

Sorry for that. Did struggle with the first post. Anyway, thank you for telling me

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 9

No problem - good luck ;-)

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 9

This is now in VSE where it belongs.

As you are using virus scan enterprise, your company is in control of what gets deleted or whether you have the ability to restore things from quarantine.

so, you need to talk to your IT team.

regardless though, McAfee don't have your file, we can't restore it. You can simply install again though if your IT team approve the file.

finally, remember McAfee doesn't delete things "at random" - there's always a reason,  though there is a tiny chance it's a false positive.

With enterprise products though, it's all controlled by the owner of the laptop, not the user.

Btw, you're not trying to install a cracked (illegal) version of Sims4 by any chance are you? In which case it's most likely this is a real detection and the hacked file does indeed contain malware.

Thanks to everyone! I don't think there's some way to get the file back, anyway, I had to move on. Lol. It has been days already and I had to let it pass. Thank you so much to you Sir(s) for telling me. First timers, there's a lot to learn