Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
horst
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

Re: McAfee agent doesn`t install VSE 8.8 Patch 4

Jump to solution

yes, but as seen in the Software Manager screenshot one page before, all patches are already checked in for my understanding.

In addition I don`t know what "unknown Distribution point" means. Perhaps exactly this is the crux of the Scenario?!

Jump to solution

Well,

In the Machine with patch 0 installed will not install patch 4 straight away as you must have at least patch 2 as previously it was said.

Patch version

• Patch 4 package — Updates VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 clients, with Patch 1 (32-bit) or Patch 2 (64-bit) only.

Important This package does not upgrade VirusScan Enterprise version 8.8.0.777 (RTW).

To update with the Patch 4 package:

◦ On 64-bit systems, first install Patch 2, then Patch 4.

◦ On 32-bit systems, first install Patch 1, then Patch 4.

Alternatively, uninstall VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 and reinstall with the Repost

I am sure if you try manually to install patch 4 an error message will pop up saying that cannot be installed.

Try in a single Machine to install patch 2 or 3 manually and then run again the task of patch 4

Keep us posted!

Best regards,

Jose Maria

jmcleish
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

Nope, Only patch 4 is checked into the master repository from your picture.  You need to also check in patch 2.

horst
Level 8
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

ok, I tried another solution:

I downloaded the patch 2 from the Software Manager of the ePo Server.

Then I manually installed this patch on one of the Client PCs. After a reboot and some time the Client automatically installed patch 4 via the McAfee Agent.

I think I will do this with the other 70 PCs. I will rollout the patch 2 via Batch script and install it on the PCs.

Afterwards the Clients should automatically update with patch 4.

Jump to solution

Yes you have only patch 4.

I would suggest to call McAfee and they can provide you with patch 2 and you can check in the repository

Best regards,

Jose Maria

jmcleish
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

you should be able to check it in from the software manager- click on the check-in package link beside patch 2

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community