cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

McAfee VirusScan 8.8i Enterprise keeps flagging a virus in DropBox Cache - is it safe to exclude the cache folder from scanning

We have a system that is sending us many alerts, via ePO, about a virus in the users dropbox cache folder.

My understanding is the cache folder is a temp location. Is it safe to add a virus exclusion to the dropbox cache folder? I believe that if we exclude the cache folder then dropbox will then sync the file. After syncing McAfee VirusScan should then scan the completed file and remove it if it is infected.

What would be syntax to the exclusion to VirusScan for the C:\Users\fredsmith\Dropbox\.dropbox.cache\~216e91af.tmp

Threat Name: Artemis!FEE9A9C69F5BSource

Threat Type Trojan

Action Taken:deleted

Target Field Name: C:\Users\dia0002\Dropbox\.dropbox.cache\~216e91af.tmp

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee VirusScan 8.8i Enterprise keeps flagging a virus in DropBox Cache - is it safe to exclude the cache folder from scanning

​,

Not for certain if you exclude or Submit a Virus or Malware Sample | McAfee Labs as we do in Consumer Products, to get the Detection suppressed. This may not be applicable to Corporate Products? Especially it being a False Artemis! Unknown/Suspicious.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community