Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 16

McAfee VirusScan 8.7i Repost with Patch 1 has been released

FYI,

McAfee has released a repost of McAfee VirusScan 8.7i that now includes Patch 1. It was available for download under our current grant number. It looks like you still have to install the hotfix which is included inside the zip file.
15 Replies
Highlighted

RE: McAfee VirusScan 8.7i Repost with Patch 1 has been released

Just to clarify, the hotfix included is for the Outlook issue.

Issue: VirusScan 8.7i Patch 1 introduced an issue with Microsoft Outlook where keyboard entries made during the delivery of an email were lost.
NOTE: This issue is resolved by HotFix VSE85HF464768, included with this release. Refer to "Additional Steps for HotFix 464768" for installation instructions."

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 3 of 16

Here yesterday, gone today!
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 16

This does not sound good
Highlighted

Patch 1 has been pulled due to some false positive detections.
Highlighted

If this is true, this is getting ridiculous, when is the product going to be useable.....
Highlighted

We had an official notification from our reseller earlier today.
Highlighted

They have completely wasted my time with this!! argh!! how annoying!!!

In general I like using ePO and McAfee products but I am really begining to wonder how much internal testing these guys actually do before releasing things.....

I guess by the time I came on board with McAfee 8.0 and 8.5 where both stable products, though I did read all the posts about past troubles etc....but never saw this nonsense first hand.

When I found the initial release of 8.7 was un-useable for me, I thought, ok, well, I am sure they will get it all sorted for Patch 1, so waited patiently for it, and delayed deploying VSE8.5 to 1500 clients that are still running 8.0 as I thought, well, no point duplicating the effort, now that 8.7 is out I may as well wait for patch 1, it will probably be a good stable product then, so I waited patiently and now this happens........

My faith to deploy this product even when Patch 1 does get re-released or whatever it is they are going to do has been severely shaken, really, I mean, who wants the hassle of explaining all this kind of stuff to there superiors.......this has not made me a happy camper...
Highlighted

On the other hand, I do see it as a good think that once a problem was noticed that they have taken some decisive action etc......but what about all the customers who don't frequent these forums who would have deployed the patch and then not bothered to check back on the portal etc.....
Highlighted
Level 12
Message 10 of 16

Indeed, there should be a bold notice on the support portal and enterprise download pages explaining why it has been pulled, what actions customers should take, and how soon the problem will be resolved.

McAfee seems to have a totally contemptuous attitude to its (soon to be former) customers.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community