cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee VSE 8.8 P4 Scan Engine Updates?

Hi,
How often does McAfee update there Scan Engine versions?

Right now, its at 5600.1067.

Does McAfee update it whenever a new Patch is released?

Running Patch 4 with Scan Engine version 5600.1067.

11 Replies
ansarias
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: McAfee VSE 8.8 P4 Scan Engine Updates?

Hello,

Engine versions upgrade are not scheduled but most probably once in a year.

Yes, McAfee will automatically download latest available Engine updates during scheduled Agent Update Task. If engine content checked in update task.

Capture.PNG

Were would this Update Task be?

Is it one of these options from the image which are all checked among the 3 options?

I forgot to mention that I am running UNMANAGED.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

The usual response that is provided is once per year. But as you can see the last engine was 2013 and the one prior was 2009. This will give you an idea.

Jay

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 12

The update task is found in ePO if managed. In your standalone configuration it will autoupdate through the screen capture that you provided and it's schedule.

So as you can see from my screen shot settings, it should also update the Scan Engine versions automatically?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 12

It sure will. The standalone version of VSE8.8 is self-supporting right out of the box even if you make no changes.

Jay

So just to confirm this.

According from my print screen image which I posted above, those settings should update the Scan Engine versions automatically on an UNMANAGED setting or do I have to download them manually from McAfee's download page?

Many thanks for the support!

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

I'm glad we got to the bottom of your question. Be sure to mark the question as answered. We are here if you need us, the community!!

Jay

Hi,

Until my last confirmation question is not confirmed, then I will not mark it as answered.

See below.

According from my print screen image which I posted above, those settings should update the Scan Engine versions automatically on an UNMANAGED setting or do I have to download them manually from McAfee's download page?