Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sazzad
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

McAfee SQL DB is full_above 10GB

Jump to solution

We have installed VSE8.8.0 on different sites including UK, DE, PL, FR.

In one of our site the database is full but we use SQL on all other sites without hitting the 10GB storage limit and they serve 2-3 times more computers without a problem. Seems unusual that the DB size is above 10GB.

poland.JPG

Can you please suggest workaround for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troja
Level 14
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee SQL DB is full_above 10GB

Jump to solution

Hi,

define a query in EPO for Threat Events and Client Events. Sort by EventID or the Event Description. The result will show you which Events are filling your database.

Just Import the Dashboards.
You will see if the Events are Generated by only some Client or are generated through e.g. Access Protection Rules.

Additional check with Mode is configured for your Database. Simple Mode, Full-Bulked or Full Mode. Perhaps the Transaction LOG causes the problem.

Cheers

3 Replies
Troja
Level 14
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

define a query in EPO for Threat Events and Client Events. Sort by EventID or the Event Description. The result will show you which Events are filling your database.

Just Import the Dashboards.
You will see if the Events are Generated by only some Client or are generated through e.g. Access Protection Rules.

Additional check with Mode is configured for your Database. Simple Mode, Full-Bulked or Full Mode. Perhaps the Transaction LOG causes the problem.

Cheers

sazzad
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Torja,

Thank you very much for your reply!

Please can you suggest any KB for this associated with McAfee?

It would be best for me to deal with it.

Troja
Level 14
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi, sorry,

i do not know any McAfee KB. I always take a look which Event(s) is flooding my SQL Database. Afterwards you have to decide if you need the events. If not, generate a Query and use a servertask to remove the events.

There are many different circumstances which can cause a high amount of events. Therefore you have to check first what is going on.

Cheers