cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Out of date

Hi guys,

I've had my computer for about 5-6 years now. It's running Windows XP and my only anti-virus/anti-spyware is ViruScan Enterprise+ AntiSpyware Entreprise 8.5.0i. My Microsoft Security Center has been telling me for months that my software is out of date. When I right click on my McAfee icon, and open About, it says that the DAT Created on is May 26, 2009. If I do an update now, it does it completely, but the date doesn't change!

Any help on the matter? Is my computer at risk? Also, I can't provide any information as to when I bought this or that, unfortunatly (or fortunatly for me) my dad provides the computer and all the softwares on it already installed...

Thank you so much

Sandy

Moved from Security Awareness to VirusScan Enterprise - MOD

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/02/10 4:23:10 EST PM
3 Replies
D-Fens
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Out of date

Hi Sandy,

please download a manual DAT update forum this site: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

and tell us if this fixes your issues..

sdat5901.exe

Sandydandy,

I suggest you to go to Open up the Virus Scan Console. Go to the HELP Tab and click on REPAIR INSTALLATION.

Please follow the on screen instructions. Having done that, Please log on to the McAfee website and download SUPERDAT.EXE. this will give you the up to date, Engine, DAT files and any other update that needs to be there.

Please follow the above mentioned instructions and check if everything is fine.

Kindly keep the forum posted and mark the question as ANSWERED if this was helpful.

Thank you

Sameer

Yes!! Perfect, thank you so much.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community