cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee GTI proxy

Hi

I am busy trying to get McAfee GTI proxy to work.  everything has worked, i am managing it from ePO, i have recieved the forwarder IP addresses, etc.  i have installed a client with the GTI proxy agent and configured the McAfee GTI policy to include the appliance as the fallback IP.  i have checked the registry on the client and it has the AEServer entry and the correct IP of the appliance.  but the lookup's do no work.  I have gone through the troubleshooting section of the installation guide and everything passes except 1.  when i run the command

dig @127.0.0.1

4z9p5tjmcbnblehp4557z1d136.avqs.mcafee.com

it does not seem to respond when looking locally.  Can anyone give me assistance on setting up the GTI proxy?

Thank you.

2 Replies

Re: McAfee GTI proxy

Hi

Correct proof to my work for me either, but the best way to tell if it was working properly Proxy GTI was to perform on-demand Scanning on the network and shocked when I found it extremely artemis detections.

Thank you.

Re: McAfee GTI proxy

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community