cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Agent - VSE 8.7 view scheduled scan log?

Jump to solution

This may be more of a VSE question vs. ePO, but since we manage this via ePO....

I have gone into the VSE policy setting in EPO and enabled the:

"Display managed tasks in the client console"

We have a task set to scan certain things on a Saturday.

Am I correct that if I go into the VSE console on the local device and look at the stuff there, if I do not see a:

Scheduled Scan (Managed) (or whatever) that the device (for whatever reason) is not getting/seeing the scheduled task?

IF a Scheduled Scan (via ePO) task was performed, is it still written to the local

OnDemandScanLog.txt file?

Thanks!

--Kevin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: McAfee Agent - VSE 8.7 view scheduled scan log?

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

Please find attached the anser t your questions:

Am I correct that if I go into the VSE console on the local device and look at the stuff there, if I do not see a:

Scheduled Scan (Managed) (or whatever) that the device (for whatever reason) is not getting/seeing the scheduled task?

YES, for some reasons the task is not being sent to the client. Check the MA communication, make sure you select the "Display managed tasks in the client console" option in the right place Server/workstation, Make sure you have the latest extension for MA/VSE.....

IF a Scheduled Scan (via ePO) task was performed, is it still written to the local

YES, still will be logged in the OnDemandScanLog.txt file.

Cheers,

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Moving to VSE, as even though ePO-managed this is a function of the product and/or extension for VirusScan.

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

Please find attached the anser t your questions:

YES, for some reasons the task is not being sent to the client. Check the MA communication, make sure you select the "Display managed tasks in the client console" option in the right place Server/workstation, Make sure you have the latest extension for MA/VSE.....

YES, still will be logged in the OnDemandScanLog.txt file.

Cheers,

Jump to solution

Thank you very much!

Jump to solution

Anytime