cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee AP block the Citrix application

Dear Team,

AP.JPG

We are using Virus scan enterprises 8.8 patch 4.

While installation of citrix application is getting blocked in McAfee VSE access protection.

2/27/2015 9:14:23 PM Blocked by Access Protection rule  PC284854\Administrator C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Ctx-DF635F48-AB1C-45B3-822F-E28939432558\Extract\TrolleyExpress.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe Common Standard ProtectionSmiley Tonguerevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

We are facing this issue in most of the machines.Any one have the update for this issue,kindly share me.

Regards,

Kumar J

4 Replies
wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee AP block the Citrix application

This is not a VSE product issue, the product is behaving properly.

The AP rule is being violated because the offending process is seeking access to a protected process, and they seek to acquire the terminate privilege. We stop them from doing that.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

While installing the application we can stop the Mcshield service and install the application?

We have 'n' number of locations machine having this issue.is it possible to exclude the application in AP rules under prevent termination of McAfee process.

Then we will avoid the manual intervention.

Regards,

Kumararaja J

Dear team,

Kindly update to my email..

Is there any exclusion for any application blocking in AP policy. Instead of stopping the Mcshield services on user machine.

If we exclude the EXE name in prevent termination of McAfee process while install application will work on user machine.

or only solution is stop the services before installation.

Regards,

Kumararaja J

Disable McShield only stop the scanning not Access Protection. Add application exe into process to exclude tab in prevent termination of McAfee process rule. It will work.