Did you mean: 
DocB
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

Link to DAT Rep 1.04 Extension?

Jump to solution

Good day,

Looked through Software Manager and the update sites, could not find the extension listed anywhere.  Didn't see it in Patches or HF, nor in my licensed SW.  Anyone have a link to the extension?

Thanks,

DocB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DocB
Level 11
Message 11 of 15

Re: Link to DAT Rep 1.04 Extension?

Jump to solution

Good day,

Per SNS notice:

An updated DAT Reputation ePO Extension (v1.0.2) has also been posted for DAT Reputation 1.0.4 and can be downloaded through ePolicy Orchestrator Software Manager under Management Solution. This new extension is an optional update for existing DAT Reputation users and provides Windows 10 OS endpoint support.

It's there on my systems.

Thanks,

DocB

14 Replies

Jump to solution

I am also looking for this.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Perhaps you are looking for this;

February 8 - DAT Reputation 1.0.4 Mandatory Upgrade AutoUpdate Schedule

A new version of McAfee DAT Reputation for Enterprise, v1.0.4, will be available from the CommonUpdater3 download sites with DAT Reputation ON and Safety Pulse OFF. 

This release is a mandatory upgrade for all customers running DAT Reputation and will include reported issues listed in the following Knowledge Base articles:

It will also include a new certificate required because of an upcoming expiry date. 

An updated DAT Reputation ePO Extension (v1.0.2) will also be posted for DAT Reputation 1.0.4. This new extension is an optional update for existing DAT Reputation users and provides Windows 10 OS endpoint support.

Customers can test this release in a representative subset of their production environment by configuring the systems in this group to update from CommonUpdater3 locations. For details on how to configure AutoUpdate to use a different update location, see KB86251:https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86251

This update will be phased as follows:

CommonUpdater3 - Planned for February 9, 2016:

CommonUpdater - Planned for February 16, 2016:

CommonUpdater2 - Posting of DAT Reputation to CommonUpdater2 locations remains postponed:

tomz2
Level 11
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

The DAT Reputation extension will be made available through the Software Manager in ePO. I would expect that it would be posted by the date that DAT Reputation goes live on CommonUpdater.

DocB
Level 11
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

jesus and tomz2,

It's past 2/9/16 and I still don't see the extension in Updater3 or in any of the SW managements areas, licensed or evaluation.

Thanks,

DocB

tomz2
Level 11
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution
DocB,

Please note that I referenced CommonUpdater specifically, and not CommonUpdater2 or 3. When DAT Reputation is available on CommonUpdater, meaning that it is in the update branch that a majority of customers use, the extension will be made available.

Jump to solution

Tomz2,

I have not seen any McAfee DAT reputation available in the software manager. However, what I noticed is my systems got it from the last DAT updated on my master repository when it pulled from CommonUpdater3

2016-02-12 11_17_18-ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.1.png

As a curiosity, I have checked the McAfee's ftp site:

2016-02-12 11_22_00-Index of _commonupdater3_current_vscandat1000_dat_0000_.png

You can download it and to install it following the directions as this link:

2016-02-12 11_21_42-Index of _commonupdater3_current_vscandat1000_dat_0000_.png

McAfee DAT Reputation Implementation Guide

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25481/en_US/...

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jesus

tomz2
Level 11
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

Correct. DATRep itself as a product is available on CommonUpdater3, but the extension will not be posted until the product is posted to CommonUpdater which is planned for next week.

CommonUpdater3 != CommonUpdater

DocB
Level 11
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

tomz2,

It would be nice to see if the extension plays well with others and to confirm policy setups before the update hits the street.

Thanks,

DocB

damiafaw
Level 10
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

Especially considering some hit and misses with previous extension releases