cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of McafeeAntivirus version support of large files

I am exploring virus scanner which could do in memory virus scan on premise on Windows server 2008/2012.

I have asp.net web application which has file upload functionality. In that file upload process, I want to scan file.

Questions:

Which Mcafee is suitable for me?

What is max file size supported for scanning from this product?

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Latest version of McafeeAntivirus version support of large files

Moved provisionally to VirusScan Enterprise for faster response.

---

Peter

Reliable Contributor rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Latest version of McafeeAntivirus version support of large files

Hi ravi032,

I do not believe there is an Official or Advertised maximum file size that McAfee will disclose. To do so might provide malware writers an exploitation opportunity. Certainly it would be dependent on the file type Structure. And the Scan64.exe would likely not have a particular limit anyone is likely to exceed. However, for performance reasons, scanning a many terabyte file may not be advised. Depending on the file structure, would not necessarily catch anything more than the proprietary method already in place.

I wrote some thoughts on the VirusScan Command Line Scanner (VCLS) https://community.mcafee.com/thread/70968 I hope you will find useful.

Ron Metzger

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.