Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Keyboard Delay/Lag When On-Access Scanner is Enabled

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8 installed on my corporate laptop.  For the past couple of months, I have experienced some sort of delay/lag when I type on the keyboard, like whatever I type appears on the screen some 1-2 seconds later.  I tried restarting and the problem goes away.  Though yesterday, it has been "permanent".  I tried looking for configurations or apps that are running the background and I tried disabling the On-Access Scanner and the typing speed goes back to normal.   After about 3 minutes,when the On-Access Scanner kicks back in, the delay/lag is back again.

Now obviously, i cannot disabled the On-Access Scanner since that would violate corporate security policies (and I cannot actually disable it since it is centrally controlled/monitored).  Is there a setting(s) somewhere that can be modified, process added to exclusions to resolve this keyboard lag?  My laptop is barely usable because of this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Re: Keyboard Delay/Lag When On-Access Scanner is Enabled

Jump to solution

norwynn,

Although your system info are not clear in this window,

1.Uninstall your key board drivers, or go go to Toshiba website and update keboard drivers.

2.OAC performance has been incresaed in P2, about 787 scans in 231 seconds is new scoring, I will also suggest you to update VSE to P2.

After doing these if still you see the issue, please report back, so we could digin a little bit more.

Thank you.

Alex

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

I will certinaly help you, could you please let me know system name and model and also VSE 8.8 build number or Patch version?

Thank you.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

Here's the info:

System Information
Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition(Build 7601) x64
Service Pack:Service Pack 1.0
Language:3409
Internet Explorer Version:8.0
Internet Explorer Language:en-us
System Drive Type:NTFS
Physical Memory Available:4194303
Physical Memory Total:4194303
Virtual Memory Available:4829676
Virtual Memory Total:8108664
System Architecture:Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 560 @ 2.67GHz

Laptop is TOshiba Portege R700

Mcafee.png

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

norwynn,

Although your system info are not clear in this window,

1.Uninstall your key board drivers, or go go to Toshiba website and update keboard drivers.

2.OAC performance has been incresaed in P2, about 787 scans in 231 seconds is new scoring, I will also suggest you to update VSE to P2.

After doing these if still you see the issue, please report back, so we could digin a little bit more.

Thank you.

Alex

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Alex, I uninstalled the keyboard drivers as suggested and it did resolve the issue.  I'll observe in the next couple of days.  Thanks for your help

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hey, norwynn, good job done, You are allwys welcome!

Thnk you.

Alex

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community