Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

KB 1187884 - VSE 8.8 DoubleAgent hotfix

Hi,

why exactly is this important hotfix not available under my grant number?

why is it posted to another Login/portal?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 2 of 5

Re: KB 1187884 - VSE 8.8 DoubleAgent hotfix

For crying out loud!

I cant find this Hotfix under my Grant Number Portal/Dashboard either I've been looking and waiting for it to appear for for days now and nothing i still cant access it.

Hello Forum moderators can you tell the Mcafee guys to post this Hotfix under our Grant Number Dashboard, please its important that we get this Hotfix where we can access it.

I cannot access it IF Its Posted here: McAfee - Enterprise or Small and Medium Business Support

(5/5/2017)

VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.8 Hotfix 1187884 is now available.

This hotfix provides coverage for CVE-2017-0428 as described in SB10093 (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=SB10193).

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

I don't think you understand the post.

We already know the hotfix is at the links you provided but in order to download the hotfix we need to create an account to download the hotfix from that website.

We do not want to create an account just to get the hotfix we want Mcafee to put the hotfix in the portal where we use our grant numbers to access it as they normally do.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

You're absolutely right, I had not correctly understood what you meant.

Then I'm totally with you: McAfee shouldn't split hotfixes in several places. Everything should be under our Grant number portal. It's not the first time this happens; it's so confusing, and we run the risk of not deploying it because of this.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community