cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Just to ask the question: VSE 8.7 Patch 1 Date

ok, thanks for that, I have been waiting for this patch for some time, but still I would rather they did a good job rather than rush it just for the sake of getting something out there.

In the meantime I will continue to wait impatiently happy
zn
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 42

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have checked internally with our development team and at present the tentative release date for patch 1 for VSE 8.7i is 25th May,'09. This of course can change based on the limited release we have internally.

response I received from support yesterday

ah sad oh well, I hope it's worth the wait then.
Pitch
Level 7
Message 24 of 42

Always reported...:(:mad:

I just want to get a solid answer on this one because it's been bothering me for 10 years.

Are most people having more luck doing as you say by uninstalling old version first and then having another package to install 8.7i?

I just don't know why after all this time, upgrades do not function properly? Is this truly the case. If I call McAfee today are they going to tell me to do an uninstall of 8.5i versus just using Epolicy's upgrade feature? If this is true, why even bother having the upgrade version feature in the software? Why not just nuke it to avoid the confusion?

When and for what does the upgrade feature actually work with? Just for tiny apps like SiteAdvisor, etc.? I'm really curious about this. Talk about frustrating.

Well...it's now May 26 and I still don't see this patch! I'm getting quite annoyed already...been waiting a *very* long time for this patch!
Travler
Level 10
Message 27 of 42

Nope. Its not under the Product Downloads accessed via the grant number, nor is it in the list of updates accessed via the Service Portal.:mad:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who can't locate patch 1.

I would check back later tonight after 6pm to see if they published it before the end of the work day.
Highlighted

The problem is that most vendors Windows installers do not have a faultless upgrade table (let alone ICE error free), which makes it rather problematic.

reg, Henno.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community