Did you mean: 

Java is being blocked through Access Protection

Jump to solution

Does anyone have the fix to allow java to work through access protection

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Re: Java is being blocked through Access Protection

Jump to solution

I found the rule it was Common Maximum Protection Prevent HTTP Communication.  I unchecked blocked and now JAVA and DBDign works okay

13 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: Java is being blocked through Access Protection

Jump to solution

Java is a process that normally would be allowed automatically unless something is detected as malicious.  Can you clarify a little more where you are experiencing this please?  Is it in your browser perhaps?  In which case it could be WebAdvisor add-on.

Give some more information, your Operating System, preferred browser etc.

A screen shot would be great.

Jump to solution

I'm using Windows 8.1 pro browser Internet Explorer 11. When I attempt to log onto https://dtsproweb.defensetravel.osd.mil, the website continues to say reading credentials. What should happen is the JAVA console should appear and prompt me for my pin to my CAC Card

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

When I tried it in Firefox I was warned that security certificates at that site weren't up to date but I could click to ignore the warning and proceed, but I got a Forbidden page, so that maybe your issue.

Try another browser.

Jump to solution

With Access protection disabled JAVA runs and I'm prompted with the DBsign Universal Websigner. At which point I enter my pin and I'm able to gain access to the site

Jump to solution

Ok is this enterprise if so need to move it there

exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Hopefully someone from VSE can answer you.

Troja
Level 14
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi,

can you tell us which Access Protection Rule blocked the Request?? The LOG shows the process name and what was blocked in detail.

BTW, i prefer to switch from Access Protection in VSE to HIPS. There are Signatures available doing the same. But configuring exclusions is much more powerful in HIPS.

Cheers

Jump to solution

Access Protection Log is attached

Troja
Level 14
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi,

this is the rule which causes the problem: Anti-virus Maximum ProtectionSmiley Tonguerevent svchost executing non-Windows executables. -> Action Blocked.

Access Protection Rules have always pros and contras. Because you will often have "false - positives", what is not exactly true. Furthermore you have to check, if Access Protection blocks anything, if this event is a good/allowed/trusted behavior or not. So you will have to take a look for any event and have to define the necessary exclusions. 

Question, are your clients defined as "high risk" clients??

You may take a look at this: McAfee KnowledgeBase - Access Protection in McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and Host Intrusion Preventio...

Cheers