Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandro
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Java API / web proxy ?

Hello,

I would like to perform a virus scan of a file in Java but I did not find a Java api in a McAfee product. Did I overlook something? Or would I have to use some McAfee web proxy?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

Sandro

2 Replies

Re: Java API / web proxy ?

Hi Sandro,

There is a product called Metascan that provides an API in Java and COM that supports scan and related features of several McAfee products.

The list of applications supported by the API is at http://www.opswat.com/products/metascan/supported-applications

Free evaluation of the Metascan can be obtained by filling the form at http://static.opswat.com/metascan_eval.shtml

Regards,

Punahou1980

Highlighted

Re: Java API / web proxy ?

I have used Metascan with success as well.  By the way, it comes in 3 versions: Core (which integrates with existing, licensed AV), Lite (has 3 licensed engines and also integrates with existing engines) and Ultra (which has 8 licensed engines and also integrates the pre-installed engines).  Metascan also has remote client capabilities which helps scaleability.  OSPWAT (makers of Metascan) also offer other multiscanning solutions like MetaDefender for Media and MetaDefender for Secure Access.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community