cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with automatic update

Hi all,

I'm using McAfee Virus scan enterprise. I tried doing an automatic update. Towards the end, I saw the message, one line before last line that " The following packages were not in repository : VSCANCEU1000, EXTRADAT1000, SUPERDAT1000.

Now I dont know whetehr it is really updated or not.? Is it updated? Where to cross verify? If not updated, what can be done.

Thanks in Advance.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issue with automatic update

Moving to enterprise forum where you have more chance of an answer , You posted in the consumer home area,

Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Nothing to worry about regarding the three packages it just means their not checked into your master repository. They're not required for VSE to run correctly.

See: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53932

I'd be more worried about the fact that you're not running the lastest patch for 8.8, which is currently Patch 4.

Agreeing with Tristan here. Nothing to worry about here unless you are in fact trying to get the superdat, extradat, etc... Those directories on your distributed repository will only have new data for the endpoint to download if you are pushing out a Superdat, extradat, etc... from ePO. You'd usually do this on a given day in response to a zero day threat or vulnerability patch. If your daily DAT/Signatures fail you will see a much more clear message saying something along the lines, "Update Failed". As for verification, here's a page you can always go to to compare your DAT with what the latest is: ftp://ftp.nai.com/commonupdater/

Cheers,

cupajotogo

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community