cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any log of which files where scanned on-access?

Jump to solution

Hi,

We need to know if a file existed in a machine, so my boss asked me to see if McAfee On-Access has any log of which files where scanned on that machine. Since it scans everything that is opened.

Is there that kind of log?

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there any log of which files where scanned on-access?

Jump to solution

By default there is not such a list, no.

If needed support can activate verbose logging but this is only used when troubleshooting issues by support. Even if activated, you wouldn't see any past scan records though.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

By default there is not such a list, no.

If needed support can activate verbose logging but this is only used when troubleshooting issues by support. Even if activated, you wouldn't see any past scan records though.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I have supposed that too, but my boss told me to look for it... So...

Thanks @chealey!

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@vandreytrindade If you are needing to produce such a list during a certain scenario, then you are able to collect and output some Top 10 files and processes information by utilizing the McAfee Profiler tool

KB69683 - FAQs for McAfee Profiler

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator