cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to know at what DAT or date protection for a threat was first available

Our company has a third party that we do business with that was hit by ransomware. We are trying to find the earliest DAT that provided protection for this particular threat. VirusTotal lists McAfee's detection as Globelmposter!9948241E39E1. Is there a way to find out what DAT first protected against this threat? https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/069ec1fce5c589d4eec9cd3525adc84a0eeaf30b1a537d7f7d00b858162ee4c1... Thanks.
2 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is there a way to know at what DAT or date protection for a threat was first available

Hi @User27712532 

Firstly, Thanks for your post. I am afraid there is no way to access this information publicly and it is maintained by our Labs team. However, with the help of the hash Value, I can look this up for you.

Please bear with me while I look this up for you!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is there a way to know at what DAT or date protection for a threat was first available

I am back! Looks like this detection was added on 9/17/2019 (Yesterday).

Dat version information can not be identified for ENS, however, if you are looking for VSE, it should be 9383. Logically ENS's yesterday's definition would be 3834 which should add detection to this malware.

This should be taken with a pinch of salt and I would still recommend creating a support ticket with us so that our Labs team can reassure you the information here. Sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community