cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-Fens
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Is McAfee Endpoint Security Version 10 the successor to VSE 8.8?

Jump to solution

that's all

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is McAfee Endpoint Security Version 10 the successor to VSE 8.8?

Jump to solution

Yes, and no. Ens10 is the first version of our future platform which will eventually take over from the vse range, but it's only released for SAAS customers right now.  Eventually we will be making it very compelling (and easy) to migrate from the current discrete products, vse, hips etc, to ens10's successor.

in 5 years time we'd expect everyone to be using the successor of ens10 along with successors of the epo5 and epo5cloud platforms.

VSE is going to be around for a while though, there are no plans to discontinue it, but the newer architecture of ens10 along with amcore and other internal wizardry will make it very valuable as it matures.

6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

No it's a different product.  McAfee VirusScan Enterprise combines anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, and intrusion prevention technologies and Endpoint Security 10 is a more comprehensive suite for networks:  See 

Community to ask questions in is here: although I believe it has now been released so you could also post in ePO.

It all depends on the type of installation that the software is needed for.   Hopefully someone else will come along and explain it more fully as I'm normally with the Consumer side but I did know the two are different entities.

Jump to solution

Yes, and no. Ens10 is the first version of our future platform which will eventually take over from the vse range, but it's only released for SAAS customers right now.  Eventually we will be making it very compelling (and easy) to migrate from the current discrete products, vse, hips etc, to ens10's successor.

in 5 years time we'd expect everyone to be using the successor of ens10 along with successors of the epo5 and epo5cloud platforms.

VSE is going to be around for a while though, there are no plans to discontinue it, but the newer architecture of ens10 along with amcore and other internal wizardry will make it very valuable as it matures.

D-Fens
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

thank you both for your fast answers and making things clear

I am very excited to test it. will it be available for existing VSE customers any time soon? I think the last SNS stated it will be available this week...?

Is it safe to install it on servers? in detail, will the HIPS component be more like the built-in mini-firewall of VSE or is there a more complicated setup like in HIPS 8.0?

the improved intrusion prevention and the anti-zero-day component makes it even more promising. this will be the future of anti-malware

Jump to solution

Hi SafeBoot,

Just out of curiousity, is the McAfee Endpoint Security 10 also the successor to the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection 6.0?

Is there a choice to use either the Endpoint Security 10 suite or the SaaS Endpoint Protection from McAfee's SecurityCenter Web portal when installing the McAfee Agent?

Thanks.

Jump to solution

yes, and yes (AFAIK)

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response...

Hmm... any ideas when McAfee intends to phase out Endpoint Protection 6.0?