Did you mean: 
pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Installing VSE 8.8 standalone

Jump to solution

Hi All,

wondering what the best way of installing VSE 8.8 in a standalone manner for computers that dont currently have access to the network.

We have an issue that an employee working from home was mid way through an upgrade to VSE 8.8 and got disconnected from the network, now they cant reconnect as they have no antivirus installed (we dont have an agent handler accessible via the internet).

Whats the best way to package up an installer file for the end user to run to get VSE 8.8 installed? I have looked at installation designer but this just appears to be for an updated packaged for ePO rather than end users.

Also i can grab the install files from the server but not sure how many of the files I need (for example agent only needs that one .exe).

Any help would be most apprecaited!

Thanks,

Pierce

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilM
Level 14
Message 2 of 3

Re: Installing VSE 8.8 standalone

Jump to solution

Pierce,

As far as I am aware, the installation designer is not specific to ePO. It uses the existing package as it's input and allows you to pre-define certain things (such as target installation directory and even default configuration settings) and the end product is a new zip file.

This zip file can then be checked into ePO, or it can be unzipped and executed on an ad-hoc basis.

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhilM
Level 14
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Pierce,

As far as I am aware, the installation designer is not specific to ePO. It uses the existing package as it's input and allows you to pre-define certain things (such as target installation directory and even default configuration settings) and the end product is a new zip file.

This zip file can then be checked into ePO, or it can be unzipped and executed on an ad-hoc basis.

Phil.

View solution in original post

pierce
Level 13
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks Phil ill give that a try and let you know

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community