Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Installing VSE 8.8 and getting error status 1603

Jump to solution

Has anyone come across the error status 1603, there is a message that says its rolling back the isntall (this is when testing installing on the machine with the files from ePO.

and then the event log shows a message of error status 1603, there is a KB article for this but none of the items listed are applicable for my setup. - KB71614

windows XP SP3 , not encrypted, system account has full rights.

thanks,

Pierce

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pierce
Level 13
Message 4 of 5

Re: Installing VSE 8.8 and getting error status 1603

Jump to solution

Found the issue to the installation keep rolling back.

Appears to be HIPS blocking this installation. Once version 7 has been disabled the installation works without issue.

thanks,

Pierce

4 Replies
apoling
Level 14
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm not sure if a MSI log file is generated during such type of install, if it does, could you look up reason there?

Normally MSI log file is difficult to locate certain error, but not impossible.

Attila

pierce
Level 13
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

thanks for the reply, called gold technical support and the Tier 1 didnt get anywhere either, sent off the logs and MER and hopefully get a resolution!

thanks,

Pierce

pierce
Level 13
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Found the issue to the installation keep rolling back.

Appears to be HIPS blocking this installation. Once version 7 has been disabled the installation works without issue.

thanks,

Pierce

Jump to solution

I too was having an issue deploying VSE 8.8 using Mcafee ePO. The following method worked for me.

http://itinformationsecurity.blogspot.com/2013/03/mcafee-antivirus-vse-88-not-getting.html

Thanks

Fahad

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.