cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log On Access Stats to log file?

Jump to solution

I need to see the full list of files, etc. that OAS is scanning (not the activity log of OAS which only records files if an infection is found).

Currently if I look at the OAS Scan Stats, it scrolls by the files so fast I cannot see what/where they are.

We have EMC Webtop/Documentum and the performance is horrible unless we stop OAS, but I'd rather find out what's being scanned/where/why as opposed to disabling VSE all together (which basically EMC suggests doing)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to log On Access Stats to log file?

Jump to solution

I suggest starting with our Profiler tool:

http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadmcprofiler.aspx

After capturing data for a period of time, use the reporting features to tell you what's going on.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
3 Replies
wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

I suggest starting with our Profiler tool:

http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadmcprofiler.aspx

After capturing data for a period of time, use the reporting features to tell you what's going on.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Jump to solution

I'd try to use that but it doesn't work with FireFox or IE8 apparently.

McAfee needs to add FF support for their sites (I've had issues with their SR system as well)

Anyway, I guess I'll have to hunt for it with some other web browser on some other machine.

Jump to solution

Finally got it downloaded (used a diff. URL).

We'll give it a go and see what the deal is.  I know that VSE 8.7 and 8.8 are horrible on java stuff (based upon that nice testing/report that someone did a while ago).