Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

How to install VSE 8.8 for Windows Server 2012

Helo,

I received from HP a new server witch is installed with Windows server 2012. I must install Mcafee VSE witch is the nominal Antivirus of my company. Our security departement give me the software composed by : VSE 8.8 +Patch2+Patch3. when i install VSE 8.8 i get a system message saying that there is a compatibility problem. I continue the installation with Patch2 setup and after patch3 setup.

The software seem to be installed, but when i try to use a scan there is an error message about scan32.exe. Is someone get information or procedure to install VSE 8.8 on a Server 2012 standalone.

Thanks for you help.

2 Replies
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to install VSE 8.8 for Windows Server 2012

What was scan32.exe message? Is it about bad image? Please look at KB#: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73521&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to install VSE 8.8 for Windows Server 2012

I had the same issue on window 8 64 bit machine, with this message in event log

Disabling AP was giving me this error in event log and with AP enabled I couldnt start ODS or Full Scan and was having  a POPup window saying "scan64.exe failed to start".

Event ID: 512
Description: Process **\MCSHIELD.EXE pid (xxxx) contained unsigned or corrupted code and was blocked from performing a privileged operation with a McAfee driver.

Disabling Hooking rule in AP, worked for me first.

After this I identified that process which was trying to hook with McAfee's, it was quit suspecios application and I removed it, now it is all set with me.

Alex

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community