Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumars
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to import and export settings in Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7.0i

Hi All,

We are using the Virus Scan Enterprose + Anti Spy Ware Enterprise 8.7.0i and after going through the documentation i cound't find a way of exporting the settings which we have configured in on a Server.

The Problem i am facing is i have to manually log on to each and every machine in the network and congifure all the machines..

Is there a way to export the settings from the first machine and import them on all the other machines in the network ??

Thanks

Kumar

3 Replies
kumars
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to import and export settings in Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7.0i

Hi All,

After going through the Registry i am able to find out that the Configuration settings are stored in the Registry Keys !!

Now i need to figure a way out to include the exported registrry keys in an image..!

thanks

kumars

Mal09
Level 12
Message 3 of 4

McAfee Installation designer will take the config from one pc and then install onto others using that configuration.

I believer there is also an option to create a MSP of the differences to apply.

Perhaps it's something to look into. It's available to customers with support in the downloads website.  https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp?region=au&segment=enterprise

Highlighted
maziz
Level 10
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Have you considered using ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO)?

This is a management suite from McAfee which allows you to centrally manage all your machines, VirusScan policies and configuration, as well as installation and removal of VirusScan.

Depending on your entitlement, you may already be able to download it from the same place you downloaded VirusScan. If not, speak to your reseller/account manager and discuss your entitlement and requirements.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community