cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ensure that windows update processes would not be interrupted by customized access protection rules?

Jump to solution

Hi. Recently I am learning to make customized access protection rules in vse.

I hope to know that, would there be any tips on preventing the customized rules to interrupt the windows updates.

In particular, if I block the processes launched from the TEMP folders from creating/modifying exe files and dll files, would the windows update process be interrupted?

Best regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to ensure that windows update processes would not be interrupted by customized access protection rules?

Jump to solution

Windows Update does not execute updates from TEMP. They are downloaded to a folder within the Windows directory and executed by the Windows Update Agent.

You can test by enabling the AP rule on a single system and running Windows Update. 

2 Replies
tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to ensure that windows update processes would not be interrupted by customized access protection rules?

Jump to solution

Windows Update does not execute updates from TEMP. They are downloaded to a folder within the Windows directory and executed by the Windows Update Agent.

You can test by enabling the AP rule on a single system and running Windows Update. 

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your reply.