cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to create an exception to fix a 1094 event id, and allow access to the windows temp file to upd

Jump to solution

I am a newbie to HBSS and VSE, so excuse my ignorrance of even the simplest actions.

Our program group wants to be able to update java on several of our servers as the updates become available.  Currently it is being blocked and I wanted to know how to create an exception to fix a 1094 event id, and allow access to the windows temp file to update java.exe.

Appreciate any help or assistance.

Mahalo (Thank you in Hawaiian)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to create an exception to fix a 1094 event id, and allow access to the windows temp file to

Jump to solution

@Da_Kine You can find instructions for implementing the necessary process exclusion into the corresponding AP rule in your policy by following the instructions in KB81095

Event ID 1094 is specifically in regards to a block on a Port-blocking rule type, so I advise that you refer to that section of the article.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the information if it is for some reason unclear or insufficient to fully meet your needs 🙂

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to create an exception to fix a 1094 event id, and allow access to the windows temp file to

Jump to solution

@Da_Kine You can find instructions for implementing the necessary process exclusion into the corresponding AP rule in your policy by following the instructions in KB81095

Event ID 1094 is specifically in regards to a block on a Port-blocking rule type, so I advise that you refer to that section of the article.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the information if it is for some reason unclear or insufficient to fully meet your needs 🙂

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thank you, I was able to use that article to create an exception and resolve the issue.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator