cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Block Ping request to ePO 4.5 Server.

Hello Guys,

I have ePO 4.5 (WIN2k3) Server, I am trying to block ping request from client to server.

How to block ping request.

Attached screen shot for reference.

4 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to Block Ping request to ePO 4.5 Server.

Hi,

Thread moved to enterprise section . . Our Enterprise products experts will dive inn to help you out soon.

Dinz

Mcfee Online  Community Moderator

U4iA
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

The clients ping the ePO server to see which one has a better response for the updates if you use multiple repositories (and superagents or distributed repositories). Standard ePO has two repositories: The ePO server and the FallBack (McAfee http) which are selected by pingtime. Maybe you can set the policy to: Use order in repository list in the McAfee Agent policy, but I do not know if this will resolve your problem. Just out of curiosity, why block ICMP on your internal network?

I have dhcp + ePO server 1 - 50 nos IP reserved for internal staff workers ( those are managed agents) and i don't want to communicate other IPs to ePO server.

How ?

U4iA
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

This sounds more like a firewall issue then VSE. Maybe there is a way to make rule with your firewall to let the machines / IP range send ICMP requests to the ePO server and block all others. Still I think this is a little bit overdone in a local network unless it's in a DMZ.

on 12/7/10 10:51:11 AM CET