cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the PC can scan itself from AGENT

1.) I am Using EPO 4.0.0 with Mcafee VirusScan 8.7.0i. i have implemented the agents at clients side. client wants to scan its PC. client saw all the agent properties but unable to find the scan TAB so he/she can scan its PC

2.) How can we scan the client PC from command prompt from client side who has the Mcafee Agent installed?

thanks
Zahid Haseeb
7 Replies

RE: How the PC can scan itself from AGENT

Have you tried right clicking on the "My Computer" Icon or the Disk Drive Icon and selecting "Scan for Threats..." ?

Jim

No i have not found any scan4 threats option sad

Odd....

...if you right click on the McAfee Agent Icon in the PC SYSTRAY area what options do you see ? if you see Viruscan Enterprise then click it and you should see ans "on dem,and scan" option whuich will launch apopup inteface to allow you to start an on-demand scan of te PC component areas - disks or memory etc.

Jim

i am not able to view the icon at taskbar. but the agent files are installed at c:\programFiles\Mcafee

...but it's not the Agent that scans - you need to have installed Viruscan Enterprise as well as the agent....

Are you sure VSE is actually installed on the PC ? - is this actually a standalone VSE installation or is it ePO managed ?

What options do you see when you right click on the McAfee Agen and selecty "About" ?

Jim

i doesnot have VSE. i just installed McafeeAgent for windows 4.0.0 from THE EPO-->Deploy Agent

you mean i must have VSE installed and the McafeeAgent for windows 4.0.0. am i right?

One thing more.I manually install the ""McafeeAgent for windows 4.0.0"" at some PCs bcuz the EPO install the successfull McafeeAgent for windows 4.0.0 but the client does not shows the "M" icon at the taskbar

Yes - the McAfee Agent is required to manage the PC from ePO but it's the AV installation that is required for AV prootection and scanning on the PC irrespective of whether the PC is managed by ePO or not.... you should have the McAFee Agent Icon showing in the SYSTRAY part of the Taskbar if it's running properly though - I'd probably force a new installation of the agent out via ePO and schedule a Deployment Task in ePO to install VSE 8.x

Jim
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community