Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
framp128
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

How do you install the CMA 3.6.0 Patch 4

I'm running Virusscan Enterprise 8.0.0 on a computer with Windows 2000 Pro. Virusscan failed to update its virus definitions several weeks ago, and based on a recommendation on the McAfee site, I downloaded the CMA 3.6.0 Patch 4 hotfix. But there were no instructions on the download page for how to install the patch, and in the files in the zip volume, there was no readme.txt or other instructions for installation.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to install this hotfix so that Virusscan will resume its updates?

Many thanks.

F.R.
2 Replies
Grif
Level 10
Message 2 of 3

RE: How do you install the CMA 3.6.0 Patch 4

Framp,

You're running a corporate "Enterprise" version of VirusScan and yet, you've posted in the older "retail" VirusScan forum.. I'll move your post to the corporate "Desktop and Server" forum where you should get better responses. You can access the thread from either forum location.

Have you checked the release notes for that patch..? There are installation instructions in the link below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53496&actp=search&searchid=1240509681589

Hope this helps.

Grif
secured2k
Level 11
Message 3 of 3

RE: How do you install the CMA 3.6.0 Patch 4

The readme.txt with the installation instructions is on the download page, but in the "Documentation" tab.

If your VirusScan is managed via ePO or PrP, you should contact the admin and ask them to push the CMA patch 4 by importing it into the repository and scheduling related update tasks.

For stand-alones, on the McAfe download page, there is a file, "FramePkg_UPD.exe" that needs to be run.

Finally, you should also make sure you are running the latest VirusScan 8.0i patchm which currently is Patch 16.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community