cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How best to exclude eclipse folders

We are seeing a productivity hit in our development group and would like to exclude all eclipse folders and workspaces from virus scans. What is the best way to do this? From what I have found online, I am unsure if any of these will work or which is best:

C:\eclipse*\

or

C:\eclipse*\**

or

C:\eclipse*\**\

The idea is to enforce that eclipse folders start with the word "eclipse" and can have anything on the end of it, such as C:\eclipseJuno

Likewise the same question for workspaces (that start with the word "workspace"):

C:\users\*\workspace*\

or

C:\users\*\workspace*\**

C:\users\*\workspace*\**C:\users\*\workspace*\

C:\users\*\workspace*\**

or

C:\users\*\workspace*\**\

Message was edited by: mshkolnik on 3/14/14 1:07:35 PM CDT
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How best to exclude eclipse folders

Moved provisionally to VSE for better support.

Highlighted

c:\eclipse*\

c:\users\*\workspace*\

The reality is that unless this application generates a lot of really small files then you simply won't need to exclude these. You should really download McAfee Profiler and see what it actually says is being touched.

Message was edited by: petersimmons on 3/17/14 6:47:47 PM EDT

I have the same questions about policy handling for eclipse but on the OSX platform. Specifically 10.8.5 and 10.9.2.

Is there a profiler for the Apple OS?

I did find this KB but that's not what I need: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB57072

I want to create the most effective policy for my developers on the Apple platform but I want to understand and justify why. The Profiler for Windows is pretty good for that purpose, hoping for the same on the Mac.

Message was edited by: flintstone1010 on 4/9/14 11:16:21 AM CDT
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator