cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate list of clients that have received latest Endpoint security update

How do I generate the list of clients that have successfully received the latest Endpoint security update from the ePO server

6 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Generate list of clients that have received latest Endpoint security update

You can create a custom query in ePO based on AMCORE Content version. There are a lot of options in the query section so it's up to you which type of query you want to set up and what you want to filter on.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Hi Chealey

I tried the custom query as below, however, I have two concerns 

a) AMCore Content version value is 'blank' for Linux clients (Screen shot A)

b)  Below query  provides list of clients with latest "AMCore Content version" (which is part of "Threat prevention"). Is there a similar way to get list of clients  with latest  "McAfee agent version" (Screen shot B)B.jpgBA.jpgA

• Single-line Chart , sorting by Product version (End point security platform)
  • Columns : System name, Operating system, AMCore Content Date, AMCore Content version
  • Filter : OS  type not equal to (Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1)  AND
    • AMCore Content Date (in within the last - 1 days)

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

For the Linux machines, you'd need to look at DAT version as they use the V2 Content files (DAT) instead of the V3 Content files (AMCORE).

If  you want to query for McAfee Agent version, you'll want to query for "product version" and select the one which is in the category McAfee Agent, see screenshot:

query.JPG

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Hi Chealy,

• Thank you for the information. However, if I have to make a list of linux machines that have received the latest update, how do I do that? Unlike AMCORE (screen shot II) which gives me the option to pull content date within the last one day, DAT version (non-windows) does not give me that filter option (screen shot I)
  • Same issue with product version. There is no filter to get the list of clients that have received the latest product version

I need to use either of the two options ( 1 and 2 from above) to get the list of clients which received latest update. Please advise. Thanks.I.jpgII.jpg

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

There is no definition for "latest", this is something you'd have to define yourself. For example you'd need to set a filter for version = 5.6.1 .... 

In regards to the AMCORE/ DAT - you have selected AMCORE date and DAT version. Version won't give you the option of within the last day, only a date field will do this.

Was my reply helpful?

Hi Chealey,

Thank you for the update.

However, before we migrated to “McAfee End point protection”, we were on “McAfee Virus scan enterprise”. As you can see from the screen shot, by selecting the filter  “Is within x versions of repository - 0”, we got the list of Linux machines that got the latest update for that day. This is not a date filter, but still pulled the desired results.

If we have to automate the report on a daily basis, its not possible to provide version value every time. Is there a way, to pull the list of linux machines that have  received the updates for that day? ThanksX.jpg

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community