cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Positive - BehavesLike.PDF.Suspicious.db

Jump to solution

We ahve customers using our website where they can download pdf documents.   Some of them are getting this message.  We are not sure what we might be doing that is cuasing these to get flagged.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: False Positive - BehavesLike.PDF.Suspicious.db

Jump to solution

@dpcoops The reason for the message would be that something within the .PDF they are downloading is triggering a detection driver designed to detect markers of suspicious behavior/content within .PDFs. If you suspect that your environment may be experiencing a "False Positive" detection event, then you will need to follow the process outlined in KB85567 in order to submit the sample for analysis with McAfee Labs. They, along with Support, will be able to assist you with validating the reputation of the file and working towards the appropriate actions/resolution.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: False Positive - BehavesLike.PDF.Suspicious.db

Jump to solution

@dpcoops The reason for the message would be that something within the .PDF they are downloading is triggering a detection driver designed to detect markers of suspicious behavior/content within .PDFs. If you suspect that your environment may be experiencing a "False Positive" detection event, then you will need to follow the process outlined in KB85567 in order to submit the sample for analysis with McAfee Labs. They, along with Support, will be able to assist you with validating the reputation of the file and working towards the appropriate actions/resolution.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.