cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI if you downloaded VSE 8.8 before it was temporarily removed

Jump to solution

I managed to download VSE 8.8 before it was temporarily removed.  In addidtion to the full 8.8 zip package, the help extension zip was also listed separately, so I downloaded it.  When I tried to install the help extension in ePO 4.5, it came up with a blank screen with the OK and Cancel buttons.  When I hit OK, it looked like it finished, but it was not listed in the installed extensions.  I extracted the help extension zip from the full package, and it installed fine - there was info on the screen with the OK and Cancel buttons, and it was listed in the installed extensions after it finished.

I don't know if that is the "technical problem" that caused them to remove the package, but I thought I'd give a heads-up to others who may have done what I did.

The other two extension zips (which weren't downloadable separately so I extracted them) and the VSE 8.8 package itself all installed fine in ePO.  However, I haven't tried deploying 8.8 yet, and I probably won't until they repost it and explain/verify what the trouble was.

Jay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjmurra
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: FYI if you downloaded VSE 8.8 before it was temporarily removed

Jump to solution

I can't verify the following info as I'm not near my EPO server - but from memory:

- Help zip within the VSE Zip file is an extension to provide Help assistance within EPO. Needs to be checked in as an extension.

- Help zip (seperately listed/downloaded) is the collection of client based help files for VSE and needs to be checked in as a program.

Could just be a labelling issue.

3 Replies
KTM200
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Actually i noticed this when i upgraded to agent 4.5 and when i just installed agent 4.5 patch 2, both times it happend to me, so i doubt its VSE 8.8 package itself.

mjmurra
Level 12
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I can't verify the following info as I'm not near my EPO server - but from memory:

- Help zip within the VSE Zip file is an extension to provide Help assistance within EPO. Needs to be checked in as an extension.

- Help zip (seperately listed/downloaded) is the collection of client based help files for VSE and needs to be checked in as a program.

Could just be a labelling issue.

Jump to solution

Thanks, you are correct.  I didn't read the descriptions very carefully.

Jay

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community