Did you mean: 
dnf
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Extradat

Jump to solution

Hi all,

is there a webpage, distribution list or similar where I can check if there is a new extradat released? I would like to know ASAP the release of a new one.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
mjmurra
Level 12
Message 5 of 5

Re: Extradat

Jump to solution

There is no need to care about extra.dats - in fact, some days I receive 4+ depending on what I have to submit to McAfee.

They (normally) all roll up into the production dats (can take a few days depending on the samples), new samples end up in the GTI database for Artemis!xxxxxxxx detections, and if you really require instant protection, then McAfee have beta dats available.

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

DATs and SDAT's (SuperDAT's) can be downloaded here:  http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx click the 'I agree' button. 

ExtraDAT's are only issued by McAfee Labs on a one-on-one basis in response to submissions made directly to them, in cases such as software being wrongly identified as malware by VirusScan, for instance.

The rest of the world then gets that ExtraDAT as part of the next general DAT update.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/07/12 6:46:13 EDT AM
dnf
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for quick answer. So If I understood well, there is no way to know when an extradat is released unleast you ask them directly for an extradat to fix some issue found that the regular dat won´t fix?

I though they were uploading to that webpage (http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx) the extradats too.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Well they are in a way.  As soon as an ExtraDAT is issued for someone they work it into the next general DAT that everyone gets anyway.

Highlighted
mjmurra
Level 12
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

There is no need to care about extra.dats - in fact, some days I receive 4+ depending on what I have to submit to McAfee.

They (normally) all roll up into the production dats (can take a few days depending on the samples), new samples end up in the GTI database for Artemis!xxxxxxxx detections, and if you really require instant protection, then McAfee have beta dats available.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community