cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra.DAT Question

We rolled out to our entire organization the Extra.DAT that was released yesterday.  I have approximately 5-10% of our workstations that are reporting to ePO that the Extra.DAT is not installed, yet when I check their agent log the install was succesfully completed.  My thought is that this is just a reporting issue and not something to be worried about.  Is there a way to show Extra.DAT adoption on a dashboard instead of viewing the system tree and adding the Extra.DAT column?  Also, at what point do the signatures in the Extra.DAT get rolled into the standard dat file update?  Basically...when can I stop worrying about the machines that don't show the Extra.DAT because I know that they've got the latest dat file that covers what the Extra.DAT was inteded to cover?

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply

Re: Extra.DAT Question

Sounds like a product enhansement request is in order.   It will add to the list of those already complaining about this.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community