cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusion are they working

I have created several exclusions but I see them in the profiler. If they are still in the profiler does that mean they are not working?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee johma
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Exclusion are they working

Hi User46296198,

If you look on the profiler at the "Top 25 File extensions". If your excluded extension is there then yes. 

What did you set as the exclusion?

Do you you High and Low Risk process Poluicies? - You may also need to set your exclusion into both of these porfiles also if you do.

use the Eicar test file. Download from "www.eicar.org". name this file with the same exclusion type and try to save to the disk. If it is successful then your exclusion should be working ( also check High/Low risk profiles ) and scan settings. 

If the file is deleted then there is still something wrong with the configuration. 

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Exclusion are they working

Depends on what version you are running, there is this known issue: KB89845

The expected behavior is for the Profiler tool to show processes under High Risk to be scanned under High Risk, and processes under Low Risk to be scanned under Low Risk.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator