Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pg13
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Excluding ServU-Daemon in PUP exlusions

I have a legitimate installation of the ServU ftp server that has been deleted by VS 8.0i:

2009-02-17 08:44:36 Nettoye C:\program files\Serv-U\ServUTray.exe ServU-Daemon(Programme potentiellement indesirable)

In English , it means it's a PUP. I want to add an exclusion in the Unwanted Programs Policy section of VS, but when I browse for ServU-Daemon, it's not there.

I thought that all the PUPs that VS protects me from are supposed to be in that browse list? The GUI says "Browse to select more files from the list of files that the current DAT file can detect", but ServU-Daemon is not there.

Any idea ?
2 Replies
Mal09
Level 12
Message 2 of 3

RE: Excluding ServU-Daemon in PUP exlusions

Have you tried just typing in "ServU-Daemon" and applying that rather than browsing and looking for the application name in the scroll box?

Should work just as effectively...
pg13
Level 9
Message 3 of 3

RE: Excluding ServU-Daemon in PUP exlusions

Thanks for the suggestion. I however am not able to test it because the new version of ServU is not detected as malware by VS and I don't have access to the old executable.

Anyway, my problem is solved by using the new version of ServU.

Thank you.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community